Uses for a Trim Trap
Trim Traps can be used to sift away duff or fluff from finished product to keep lbs looking clean.
It works as a classifier for finished product as well with any bud smaller than 9/16 of an inch falling into the bin. In late 2018 be on the lookout for a classifier lid that will stack on the Trim Trap with 3/4 inch holes to help classify product even further.
Trimmers can sort the waste material while they work.
- Dimensions: 30.5″L x 20″W x 2″H
- Sorting and sifting tool that fits on top of 30 inch long 27 gallon totes
- Features 9/16 inch openings for sifting and classification
- Sturdy construction, easy to clean
- Improves efficiency during processing phase
- Reduces chance of wasting valuable plant material
- For use with popular brand 30 inch long 27 gallon totes
- Innovative time and money saving tool
Stop Throwing Away Good Product!
The Trim Trap helps save time and money when processing plant material after harvest. The Trim Trap was designed to fit as a lid on top of 30 inch long black and yellow 27 gallon totes as well as a few others. When the bin is full of trim just take the Trim Trap off and replace it with the original yellow lid and stack it with the others.
As trimmers work trays become full of fluff and plant material, they simply take their tray over to the tote with the Trim Trap lid and dump out the plant material onto the Trim Trap. After a few quick sifting movements of the bin all the trim will fall into the bin leaving only buds and stems on top of the Trim Trap. By placing two paper bags to the side of the Trim Trap while workers dump their trays out they can quickly seperate stems into one bag for waste and smalls that are not worth trimming into the other bag. Any buds that are large enough to trim will also be easy sorted and placed back into the trimmers tray. This practie helps to deter cherry picking by the trim crews as well, and leaves the grower with sorted material ready for waste product production.
No longer will you throw away thousands of dollars worth of good product, and you will have totes full of hashable material that is ready to process.
What Totes Will The NorCal TrimTrap Fit?
The Trim Trap was designed to fit as a lid on top of 30 inch wide black and yellow 27 gallon totes as well as a few others.
- Costco’s Greenmande 27 gallon tote.
- Lowes Commander XXL 27 gallon tote and their blue plastic house brand of Rugged 31 gallon totes are compatible.
- Both Target and Walmart carry the Homz 27 gallon online and in some stores as well as the black and grey Sterilite Industrial 27 gallon tote in store.
- Home Depot carries the compatible grey plastic Rubbermaid 37 gallon Roughneck and the Sterelite Industrial 27 gallon tote. Unfortunately Home Depot cut the size if their HDX 27 gallon totes to 27 inches wide in 2017 and 29 inches in 2015 and 2016 to cut cost, so the Trim Trap will no longer fit. Fortunately any HDX 27 manufactured up until 2015 are compatible with the Trim Trap.